• Brand new John John is a laid back, smooth but lots of energy in it! Featuring the likes of Jovi Rockwell, Shaggy, Beenie Man, Mr. Vegas and more. Check it out!
• Sensational roots reggae compilation from up and coming Waterloo based production duo Natural High Music! Paying tribute to the old school Jamaican style of sound system culture, Natural High Music creates a fresh new sound by fusing their knowledge of recording techniques from the 'Golden Era' of reggae with the modern influences of digital music today. Urban Roots music featuring the likes of Jovi Rockwell, Jesse Royal, Lutan Fyah, Chezidek, Keida, Dre Island, Keznamdi, Kelissa and many more. Highly recommended and available in WAV&FLAC at the MP3 price.
• Although having released a number of big titles within a couple of month, this rhythm segment is undoubtly the best one from Rory Stone Love label so far. Adding on top of the already highly praised Samory I - Take Me Oh Jah, it also features previously unheard Jesse Royal and Macka B, as well as the likes of Sky Grass, Racquel Jones and more. Available in hight quality WAV&FLAC at the MP3 price.
• Brand new 5 tracker EP from man of the moment, Brother Culture! Kicking off the EP with title track 'The Flava', a seriously weighty riddim which Brother Culture rides with ease & style. His imitable style of conscious lyrics & vocal gymnastics is showcased throughout the EP. Availanle in WAV&FLAC at the MP3 price. Pressure pressure!
• Blend Mishkin and the Roots Evolution band deliver their stunning debut album "Survival Of The Fittest" for NICE UP! Records. Having spent most of his professional music career behind either a computer screen or pair of turntables, Athens based producer Blend Mishkin has been putting in work since the mid 90s. Lining up for this, actually his 8th studio album are Rebel Salute, Exco Levi, Skarra Mucci, Gappy Ranks, Italian raggamuffin KG Man and many more, giving a truly international flavour. Available in WAV&FLAC at the MP3 price.
• Here comes the full rhythm segment from Conqurring Lion camp! First single "Chezidek - Seeds of Life" was received really well here at RRDL. However expect much more this time as it's got a list of best conscious singers Jamaica has to offer today. From Capleton to Lutan Fyah, as well as seeing the appearance of Fantan Mojah, pure roots music all the way through!
• Melbourne born country guitarist, Dennis Sindrey moved to Jamaica in th 60's. This is a great album which features him singing Calypso classics. Recommended!
• A dignified roots vocal that represents the sounds of the Wailers of the time. In the 60's, as known as the prime of time for Rocksteady, Jimmy Riley used to sing for a vocal group called the Uniques. Back then, Familyman was playing as a part of the infamous session band, the Hippy Boys in the heart of Kingston.The first ever recording of those two goes way back in 1968, so it must have been quite a reunion in this studio session.This piece was recorded around about the same time as the Cobra Style, and exactly as Familyman plotted, the veteran, Jimmy achieved the great Wailers sound.
• An experimental and minimalistic early dub instrumental joined by the Soul Syndicate drummer, Max Edwards. Music without commercialism ? This minimalistic and repetitive dub instrumental shows the unique musical structure by one of the most future-oriented arrangers, the great Familyman.
• A nyabingi style killer instrumental of the roots classic Love Thy Neighbours by Jesus Dread a.k.a. Vivian Jackson.Created by a combination ? The diversity of a series of personalities of the Wailers with the strict Rastaman, Vivian Jackson, this authentic Rastafari sound comes with no compromise.
• This is the quintessence of the Wailers lead by Familyman, playing a killer horn instrumental and the dubwise. Arguably one of the most accomplished reggae instrumentals to date. The Wailers consisting of the Barrett brothers is without a doubt the number one band of the era, showcasing their full confidence which later gets praised by the entire world. The bold and courageous, yet ambitious and highly spirited, everything you need to get out of the Caribbean ghetto to the world is heard in this miraculous recording.
• VP Records compiled an enourmous amount of Jammy's dazzling works into one package! From his early 80's roots sound to the revolutionary digital era, this 40 tracker will be a great start to get to know this legend's groundbreaking works as well as a handy collection for all existing fans. Seriously though, Jammy is the don!