• London's Stingray Records remake the Gun Man medium tempo riddim on thirteen tracks featuring UK Lovers veteran Sandra Cross, man on fire Mr.Williamz, and G Starr, Prince Malachi, Dada Yute, Torch, Don Flash, Gemstone plus much more, recommended!
• Another minimal, tough and killer riddim from the DJ Frass camp with Mavado delivering his "Mah Do A Ting"tune, big!
• Marcy Chin updates Tiger's nineties classic "When" to the 2014 vibe. Produced by Ward 21's Kunley McCarthy for his own Wiletunes imprint. Nice dancehall.
• Alkaline, Charly Black, Tifa, I Octane and more ride Chimney Records bashment rhythm of the week "Fast Lane". Nineteen tracks of street smoking vibes.
• --- Exclusive Tuffa Dubs Pre-Release! ---
"Leggo Beast" is the brand new release from Tuffa Dubs featuring one of the hottest and most talked about MCs on the scene. Hailing from Doncaster, Parly B has gained huge popularity after a string of heavyweight releases in 2013 with producers like Tradesman, Danny T or his collaboration with Little Kirk called "Nah Back Down" produced by 7FT sound system & Riddim Tuffa. This is the second vocal cut on Tuffa's Worries Riddim which was also featured on El Fata's "Dancehall Style" EP. The riddim was originally produced back in the 80's by Jah Tubbys using one of the notorious presets on the classic Casio MT40. It has proved to be another digital bomb ready to rock the dancehall.
• Reggae Toybox remakes the classic "Tonight" riddim in a digital fashion! Representing Kyoto in Japan, Reggae Toybox Records delivers with this new release five killer tunes and the version, featuring El Fata, Diego Jah, General Levy, Mr.Williamz and two Japanese dee-jays: Ninety-U and Wassy. International!
• What a voice. This is an essential digital reissue of this stone cold classic album by Barrington Levy, originally released in 1979 when he was 15 (!) years old and backed by the Roots Radics band. A masterpiece for all roots and dancehall fans.
• --- Get all of Sizzla's previous albums on VP at a special discount price for two weeks only, and the FLAC and WAV versions at the price of the MP3. Until the 29th of April 2014! ---
Sizzla's Radical is a collection of rare and unreleased material from the 2014 Grammy nominated icon's formative years. Radical unearths musical gems from the Xterminator label sessions between the early '90s and '00 that were produced by the late legendary Philip Fattis Burrell. Fattis helped forge some of Sizzla's best work to date, including his 1997 breakthrough album Praise Ye Jah that is widely considered one of the top conscious reggae albums of its time.
Whether Sizzla is addressing society's ills or singing love songs, the like-minded Radical (overseen under the direction of Fattis' son Kareem Burrell) features the reigning king of roots' honest, raw and thought-provoking lyrics. Sizzla's palpable spirit and vigor for life shine throughout this revolutionary collection of obscure or previously unreleased material, which features live instrumentation from Jamaica's studio aces like Sly Dunbar, Steven Stanley, Earl 'Chinna' Smith and Dean Fraser.